Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Working

Goodness it has been a while! I said I would try and post regularly and then, as per usual, life got a bit in the way. It isn't that life wasn't in the way during Peace Corps, just that life was slower, and more relaxed, and life here...well, isn't.

I've been feeling good lately, my want to board a plane to anywhere only comes up once every month or so. The work I am doing, both academically and professionally feels important, like I'm setting things up and accomplishing them all in one. I have a qualitative project I'm excited about, I'm presenting a policy brief I have been working on for the last five months to my bosses bosses at the County Election Office, and I have been offered an internship in New York, had a successful interview for one in Washington DC, and have moved on to the next level of review for another job in the county here (which would be paid, and run for a year!)

My partner has been invited to interview for a new job next week. Mom and Little Brother are in remission, my Little Sister received a summer fellowship with NOA, and Dad is going to be able to start rowing off his stress in just a week from now on the water.

I was elected to the Community Engagement Chair of the Public Affairs Student Association and I believe that I am going to be able to implement a "Rent-a-Grad" program similar to a program we used while I was an undergraduate rower at State. I have a few hundred dollars in my budget and I am hoping to be able to support a program called Laundry Love that opens up a laundromat for free washes for people that need them.

I had an allergic reaction to tuna, and now know what hives look/feel/itch like...

My partner and I are going to take the Foreign Service Exam this summer and I'm currently studying under a 20yr Foreign Service Vet learning about bilateral and multilateral diplomacy.

We don't have bugs!

I got to speak to family and friends back in Bots for the first time in a few months and it felt really wonderful. The want to get back to that side of the world is still pretty intense, but with new job possibilities around the corner, maybe not as far off as I thought it would be?

Sanders is on a roll :)

I will try and be better about this whole updating thing, no promises though.

Love,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment