Saturday, July 2, 2011

Canada Adventure

My mother being the wonderful person that she is has decided that we needed to take one last family trip together before I leave for Peace Corps (and at this point who knows when that will be?) and my sister leaves for college in Wisconsin. That being said I am now writing from my Grandmother's cottage in Ontario Canada, after the 4th of July we will be driving to Toronto and then board a train to take us to Montreal.

I have been looking forward to this trip for a while now and I am glad that my mom took it upon herself to plan it. Fact is as I get older there will be less and less opportunity to travel together as a family and so I am trying to take advantage of it now, and not take it for granted.

That being said I will be putting the rest of the paperwork on hold for two weeks. I don't think there will be any amount of big hoopla about this, and I will try and get it all taken care of the week I get back (though there is a minor possibility that I will be traveling down south to audition for American Idol for kicks and giggles with a friend, but I just have the feeling that that is going to fall through.)

I guess the moral of this post is that just because you are waiting to hear from Peace Corps doesn't mean life stops and doesn't mean you have to wallow in the horrible limbo of it all. Life keeps on keeping on and not even a federal organization is going to change that. :)

Much Love from Canada,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment