Thursday, September 22, 2011

Official w/o Invitation

Holy heck!! Just got off the phone with the placement officer...WHOOOAA! I am officially cleared to by a US Peace Corps Volunteer and have been told that I will be getting an invitation. :)

That being said, I will not be receiving an invitation until the beginning of November because there is currently a freeze on invites due to the Federal Budget mess. When the invites do start up again they will be for departures sometime between January-June.

Things I now know:
-I can not go to Central Asia because they can not support my one medical hiccup
-There are looking at Sub-Saharan Africa, South America and Asia for my placement (originally it was just Africa and South America but I asked if I could be considered for Asian placements due to my Asian Studies background.)
-It would be helpful for me to start taking doula classes, Red Cross HIV classes and CPR/ First Aid (the doula classes are something I had brought up specifically with her, so this may not be an across the table recommendation.)
-It will take somewhere around 8 weeks for me to get my actual invitation and she will email me once they are ready to go out again.
-When invites start going out again they will be anywhere for within the period between Jan 2012 and June 2012

Oi, so I feel like I kinda of know a little more, but not really. Now just have to work on eliminating my credit card debt, gaining more health skills, and getting my affairs in order to leave...at some point. Going to go chill out for a second now, very strung out on energy. :)

Hope this finds you all well!

~Claire  

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear it went well! I think we are in the same boat ... more waiting. I'm really learning to become a very patient person :) haha

    ReplyDelete