Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Quickie

Hello Interwebs, 

I just wanted to write up a quick post and thank everyone for the overwhelming love that I received on "Chunky Dunkin." It was a piece of writing I was really proud of and the fact that it got such a wonderful reception gives me confidence to keep writing...maybe for the long run? I also wanted to let you know that I am not ignoring you wonderful people, but just that I am writing a novel right now for National Novel Writing Month. I am on page 22 and have 11,735 words down. 

The book is about pirate queens...lesbian pirate queens. 

Take a moment, read it again, laugh hysterically. Since this is my first time around the block I didn't want to take on any of the much deeper topics and plot lines I have stored up in my "Novel Ideas" file on the desktop. I need something I can pound out 50,000 words for in a month, which means no editing, and no going back once a page is written. I picked something that I thought I could have fun with, without over thinking it. Thus, lesbian pirate queens. I have no doubt the movie rights will be snatched up immediately *giggle*

Hugs and smooches, 
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment