Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pre-Departure Stress

25 days until go time and I have to say I am not in the best of mental places right now. Due to some personal matters my stress and emotional anxiety levels have sky rocketed and if you add that on top of the fact that I am leaving in less than a month it equals a whole lot of unpleasantness. I don't mean to freak those of you who may be reading this and are somewhere in your application process, I'm sure many of the people in my training group are doing just fine. My advice for those of you in pre-invitation stages: make sure you have a good handle on your personal life before getting ready to leave. Tie up the loose ends, do what you need to do to keep yourself mentally fit and stable and just be able to enjoy the ride.

On a happier side note, I just finished a book called "Whatever You Do, Don't Run" by Peter Allison and let me just say, if you are looking for some delightful reading about Botswana/ South Africa (though more so Botswana) it is the book to go to! I just bought his second book on my kindle and I have to say that I am so excited about my opportunities to see wildlife in Botswana after reading this. Allison was a safari guide for a bunch of years and his stories are well written, hilarious and mildly informative. :) I suggest all of you pick it up for a spin.

Alright, back to St. Patty's Day fun. Hope all is well!

~Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment