Thursday, March 22, 2012

Setswana

I realized after I looked back at my last post that I was getting a bit on the depressing side. I apologize, I am doing a lot better and there is nothing like a little time to heal a somewhat bruised heart. Which brings me to the topic of this blog post, language. After hearing about some of the staging of language learning that a couple of my fellow trainees are in I thought it would be a good idea to dive head first into learning Setswana. My goal is to try and get down 20 words/ phrases a day until we leave.

This is going to be my first foray into the weird and wonderful world of learning a language without a teacher or professor there to guide me. I am kind of excited because it means I can learn what I need and not have to worry about going over vocabulary that I don't deem necessary. Then again, as I so recently pointed out to myself, I don't know any native Setswana speakers which means that I may be teaching myself incorrect pronunciation only to show up to site and be corrected. Better to be corrected than to not have anything to correct on though I guess.

Alright, I'm off to hang out with a work friend. Hope this finds everyone in good shape. Much love!

~Claire 

No comments:

Post a Comment